Being an island state, Singapore is an excellent place to enjoy water activities such as waterskiing, sailing, diving or kayaking. The local community loves sports and the most popular spectator sport is football. Since most of the citizens are involved in sports in some way, there is also a significant part of them that likes to bet on sports. In fact, betting on sports is one of the rare betting activities that are legal and regulated.
Singapore has two state-owned legal bookmakers and placing wagers on horseracing, football, basketball, golf, tennis and other popular sports is possible both online and in physical facilities. Two bookmakers? That surely sounds quite limited. Agreed, but the truth is – there is a lot more to discover if you wish to make sports bets in Singapore online.
A variety of Singapore betting sites are available, aside from the two domestic options. Leading international operators have opened their doors to Singaporean bettors, providing them with attractive odds and a wide range of betting markets. Sit back, relax and let SettingEdge show you through a detailed presentation about sports betting sites in Singapore.
Best Sports Betting Sites in Singapore
Overview: Did you know that Betwinner has as many as 15 million players registered as of 2022? It has lucrative bonuses, for industry-leading live casino, sports betting and slot games. Even if many know the site for sports booking. For those who register at the site from Malaysia, they can enjoy wagering from their local bank accounts here.
Some Key Features:
- Best live dealer casino
- Expansive live sport betting section
- 200+ local banking oprtions
- 24/7 educated and friendly support
Overview: 22Bet comes with a nice first deposit match bonus. An extensive assortment of live dealer games. An easy-to-use interface (desktop and smartphone devices). Fast and convenient banking options. A very friendly team of customer service representatives.
Some Key Features:
- 3,000+ online casino games
- 300+ live dealer tables
- 200 (local) banking options
- Super-fast withdrawals
Overview: Our Bitcasino.io experiences are consistently positive. After running a full Bitcasino.io review of all the features offered, we can confirm that it is a fully recommended and legit online cryptocurrency casino. This operator has a huge catalog of games that includes more than 2,000 games and mostly focuses on slots and live dealer games.
Some Key Features:
- 2,000+ top casino games
- Outstanding live dealer casino
- Strong loyalty program
- Quality selection of fast, reliable payment options
Picking a reputable bookmaker is something Singaporean players struggle with, just like other players from different parts of the world. The options are numerous, and we are happy about that, but the idea is to pick out bookies that truly have something to offer. The obvious choice for Singaporeans should be the two official bookies supported by the government, right?
Although it is good to have these two options and they are significantly popular, in reality Singaporean players are sometimes not satisfied with the odds offered by Singapore Turf Club and Singapore Pools. The odds leave a lot to be desired when compared with foreign bookies, on the same sports events. Online bookies led by offshore operators will likely have the advantage. Once that box is open, the players have a lot more possibilities to work with. Don’t be surprised to see that the majority of the best betting sites in Singapore is based somewhere else.
How to Join an Online Sports Betting Site?
Signing up for a virtual gambling platform is your introduction to sports betting, therefore an important event. However, there is no need to be intimidated by it. To create a sports betting account from Singapore, you need to complete a few steps. The registration is easy to go through, and within several minutes your new account should be up and running. In short, these are the steps you should execute to open a sports betting account online:
- Think about installing a VPN: In various regions of the world where online casinos are kept out of reach by blockades, players often use VPNs to go around these restrictions and gain access to many casinos based outside of their country. For Singaporean players, VPNs are also a valid option, but not an obligation by any means, it is merely a tool for greater safety online.
- Choose a sportsbook site: Take some time to read about recommendable online sports betting websites so that you can make an elaborate choice and not regret it afterwards. Choose a website wisely, make sure that it has all the services and features that you need to feel comfortable while betting online. Open the official website of the online bookie you picked.
- Launch and complete the registration form: Look for the link to the registration form. It is usually a button that invites visitors to join, register, sign-up, open account. By clicking on it, you will launch a registration form. You have to complete the form with your personal details (name, email, phone number, address etc.) and other necessary information so that your account can be established. It will take a minute or two before you get to the end of the form.
- Verify your account via email: With the registration all done, you just need to open your inbox and check for a verification email. This serves to validate your email address, so follow the link in the email and you will prove to the casino that your address is active.
- Claim a sign-up bonus and replenish your balance: Now you can log in with your username and password and kickstart your account. Pay a visit to the banking section and select a payment method to deposit with. Provide a deposit amount and conclude the transactions. Chances are there will be a bonus available as soon as your deposit arrives.
- Pick a sports event and place your bets: With a funded balance, you are free to pick your leagues and your matches and fill a betting slip. Now, all that is left is to wait for the results!
What Should You Look for in Singaporean Betting Sites?
Having a choice of sites is not enough, a player should be able to pick solid brands from this range, all the while paying attention to the important aspects and factors that make those brands stand out as superior. If you are a proud Singaporean, you should know that you are entitled to seek out the best sports betting site according to your preference. That said, there are some universal guidelines regarding what to look for when picking out a betting site to join. Here is what you shouldn’t ignore when making a selection of a suitable Singapore online bookie:
- Trustworthiness: First and foremost, only consider sportsbook websites that are proven and trusted. Look for signs of approvals, certifications, licenses, community rankings and similar pointers. The ideal bookie should be licensed by a reputable authority, encrypted and fully dedicated to safe and responsible gambling practices.
- Good odds: Since the state-owned bookmakers take advantage of their monopoly in the Singaporean market and often cut corners when it comes to providing favorable odds to customers, you need to pay special attention to this. Stick with operators with the best odds, as you will be giving yourself the best chances to win. Simple as that.
- Variety of markets: Next, a good Singaporean online bookmaker has to provide a variety of different markets to bet on. Pre-match, live betting and outright options are a must, as well as props and handicaps.
- Wide sports coverage: Singaporean players love football, but so do all the other punters in the world. Therefore, having football in the sports selection isn’t that big of an achievement. A good operator will strive to add as many different sports as possible to widen the reach of bettors. There should be Asian sports and leagues listed, as well as modern options such as eSports.
- Added features: The betting experience is much better when the bookie website has additional betting features such as bet builder, cash-out, live betting and live streaming. These functionalities make a big difference and provide the player with some useful tools or just some maneuvering space to better organize their bets.
- Mobile responsiveness: Online bookies need to be mobile-friendly if they want to appeal to the contemporary audience. While developing a dedicated app is an effort worth commending, it doesn’t have to be a necessity. After all, gambling apps often get banned in Singapore, so players can’t download them. Having a well-designed, mobile-optimized website can be enough to satisfy the players who want to play on mobiles or tablets.
- Support: In simple words, assistance should be available to all players at all times. For technical issues, active bet issues, payout issues – support should be there to provide a helping hand to active members of the sportsbook. Better yet, agents should be available 24/7 via live chat or phone.
- Banking solutions: A few select bookmakers accept payments in Singapore dollars, so coming across one of them is a blessing. Apart from the currency, it is also important that there are various secure payment methods are on offer. Transactions made on the platform should be quick and free of charge.
- Promotions for sports bets: Signing up at a Singapore betting site just because of its welcome bonus is not enough reason, but definitely take the bonus into account. Many casinos will offer free bets, insurance offers, odds boosts and other deals as promotions available to new and existing customers. This is great, of course, but the terms of any bonus should be studied beforehand.
What is Live Betting?
Traditional betting requires players to place their wager in advance – prior to the beginning of the event. The bookie will establish odds based on statistics from previous events and players can benefit from their knowledge of the stats and their ability to predict what will happen. However, with live betting, the situation changes drastically. This option allows bettors to make punts in real time, while the event is taking place. During the event itself, the odds will change based on what is happening, which makes this type of online sports betting more exciting and dynamic.
Pros and Cons of Playing at Singaporean Sports Betting Sites
Playing at online betting sites from Singapore can be a challenge, but there are numerous rewards from the experience. Not just in the literal sense of increasing the bankroll, but also in the sense of consuming quality entertainment. Placing bets on sports matches online is very flexible and convenient. You don’t have to go anywhere, you can do it from your phone, and the top Singaporean online sportsbooks will offer all the necessary stats and tools to decide on the best bet at any given moment.
The less ideal sides of online betting at sportsbook sites in Singapore are reflected in the fact that the local market is minimal and that players need to find ways to broaden their possibilities by visiting offshore-based domains. The laws concerning online sports betting aren’t supportive of the activity, so there may be some hurdles to surpass until you get to fully experience the joys of online betting in Singapore.
What Sports Can You Bet on at Singaporean Bookmakers?
The offer of sports at SG online bookmaker sites is a good one overall. Aside from major sports like football, basketball or tennis, bookies often cover badminton, winter sports and cricket. Singapore has a big population, so players have different preferences when it comes to placing their bets. All things considered, you can expect to see the following sports on any good Singaporean-friendly sports betting website out there:
- Water polo
- Horse Racing
Bonuses and Free Bets at Betting Sites Singapore
Can Singaporean players claim bonuses at online sportsbooks? Definitely! Online bookies will make sure to offer various options for their sports betting customers – from free bets, to match deposit bonuses and competitions. While you will undoubtedly find a decent selection of bonuses to claim when you join a betting site in Singapore, never forget to read the terms of the bonus and compare them. Promotional terms and conditions can seem very similar at times, but there can be subtle differences in the usage of the bonus or the qualifying requirements for it. Th the case of free bets, players are typically conditioned to use the free bet money on specific odds.
Some online bookmakers do accept SGD, so make sure to check where you will be able to hold an account with your domestic currency. If not, many sites accept USD and cryptocurrency as alternatives. Also, the state-owned bookies definitely accept SGD.
Players from Singapore are allowed to bet on sports online at a couple of government-approved sites only. The rest of the options available to SG players are based in foreign jurisdictions.
Yes” Not all of them all the time, but free bets are a common form of bonuses at Singaporean sportsbook sites.
You may use various payment methods to deposit, some of them being credit or debit cards, e-wallets, bank transfers and crypto. The most convenient options, and most secure since they protect your anonymity, are electronic or crypto wallets.